Friday, July 8, 2011

Jumpin July

Well after weeks of seeing how things "pan out," I feel like I can talk about all of the changes that are going on in the Kotschi household. Yesterday I turned in my resignation at Hockaday. After four years with a wonderful office in a fantastic environment, I am leaving to do admissions at another private school. I'm excited about the opportunity, and I have full confidence that this is where God's leading me.

While Nate and I were waiting to see about my job opportunity, we put an offer on a house in Lake Highlands. This home is a "fixer-uper," but we're very excited about being able to update the house and make it ours. As of now, we're still under contract, so its not official, but if all goes according to plan, we're set to close on July 20th and start renovation on July 25th. I will also start my new job on the 25th, and five days later, Nate and I will move out of our wonderful first home in the M-streets.

This July is one of those times that I'm so thankful that we have great friends who have been encouraging and praying for us. We'll still be needing lots of prayer - for smooth transitions and mostly that we'll keep our sanity. While these changes are all exciting and such a blessing, it's still bittersweet leaving the familiar and the good memories, and as always challenging as we learn to trust God and rely on him for our strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment