Sunday, January 9, 2011

Creating Meaningful Memories with My Time

As I said in my last post, something I really want to do better in 2011 is experiment with creative and intentional ways to spend my time. I've been convicted recently about how much time I waste in front of the TV, computer, and all my other electronic devices (I know that's ironic that I'm saying that as I'm sitting on a computer typing this). Hopefully more will follow, but here's my first few ideas of this endeavor:

Creative Idea #1 - Game night

I know having game night is nothing ground-breaking or original, but I forget how much fun it is to plan opportunities to play games. This week, Nate and I played a game of Scrabble Monday night, played Boxers or Briefs for Chelsea's birthday Tuesday night, and last night we went over to the Porter's house for a "spades" night, complete with popcorn and delicious cider! It was great to be able to chat over a fun and mildly competitive game. Whether or not it's valid, after playing on someones team in a game, you feel like you've bonded with them. 

Creative Idea #2 - Building a Fire 

There's something so comforting about a fire. It makes you want to curl up and read a good book or drink a cup of good tea or cider. Living in Texas, there's not too many days when it's cold enough to build one, but today is definitely one of those days. 



What are some of your favorite creative hobbies or ways to spend your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment