Monday, April 11, 2011

Genna's Shower Soiree


N&G

This weekend, my "girls" and I threw our friend, Genna, a kitchen shower to celebrate her marriage! I've always had a small creative incling, but recently I realized that this incling is turning more into a downright urge, and I thought I would share a few of those ideas from Genna's shower with you.

Genna's colors are green and brown. Since brown flowers aren't very popular, I decided to use white flowers and use limes and green apples as accents to bring out the green.


Using fruit as accent to floral arrangements is so easy and can add such a cute punch of color. You can use limes, apples, lemons, oranges, but consider the size of fruit when picking vase and floral arrangement size (I originally bought green apples to put in the tall vase, but after I got them home I realized they are too large and they only fit stacked one on top of the other).

To make the "apple flowers" follow these steps:

1. Core the apples (I don't have an apple corer, so Nate and I sat on the porch and used a good old fashion knife).


2. Clean the apple with a wet cloth, stuff a paper towel inside, and refrigerate until ready to use.


3. Cut flowers to the appropriate size to and place inside apple hole.


In between the apple flowers you can see our "goodie bags" we made. We used a variety of spices from Central Market and let each guest choose their own spice bag. Chelsea came up with the idea for the spices, and they are so cheap to buy in bundle. I also made small tags that say, "N&G"  and the type of spice is written on the back.

Loved throwing this shower with my wonderful friends for an amazing woman! Hope these fun ideas spark some inspiration. Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment