Thursday, April 28, 2011

Would you like some cheese with that whine?


I definitely can't take credit for this creative endeavor, but Jennifer Porter inspired me a few months ago with a Wine and Cheese Pairing Party, and I followed suite Tuesday night. All six of the girls from our community group came over for our own version of a Wine and Cheese Party. Even though the only expertise I bring to the table related to wine and cheese is the fact that I enjoy both, we had a wonderful time!

I mimicked Jen in arranging the event and asked each person to bring a specific and different type of cheese and wine. We had a great variety of cheeses that included: gruyere, brie, gouda, parmesean, goat, and bleu. We also had both white and red wines represented, and the wines were: prosecco, pinot grigio, chardonnay, pinot noir, merlot, and cabarnet.

We tasted every different type of cheese with every different type of wine, and in between there was a lot of laughing and chatting. One of my friends in our small grou, Jennifer Fowler, has taken the official wine and cheese class at Scardello. I highly recommend enjoying some wine and cheese; whether at home, at a restaurant, or at an official tasting. My only caution... pace your cheese intake!

No comments:

Post a Comment