Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chipotle - Dr. Pepper Pot Roast

Like I said earlier, I'm trying to cook more and be more creative within my cooking repertoire. Yesterday I made a pot roast and mashed potatoes, but this wasn't just any pot roast... it was a chipotle/ Dr. Pepper pot roast. Now at first thought, those two ingredients wouldn't compliment each other, but as reluctant as I was, I decided to try this recipe and seasoning mix I bought in Canton. It turned out great!

The pot roast had a nice kick to it from the chipotle seasoning and the Dr. Pepper caramelized and brought a nice balance to the heat. Here's the Recipe:

Chipotle - Dr. Pepper Pot Roast

Ingredients:
1 chuck or rump roast
carrots, celery, onions (these are the vegetables I like with my pot roast)
chipotle seasoning (I used a pre-packaged mix, but you could use any spicy chili or chipotle seasoning mix from the grocery store)
1 can Dr. Pepper or Coke (NOT Diet - sorry girls, you're going to have to eat the calories on this one)

Directions:
1. Add a few inches of water to the crock pot, enough to cover the bottom of the roast.
2. Add seasoning mix and half of Dr. Pepper (do not add vegetables yet)
3. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (after 4 hours, add the remaining Dr. Pepper and vegetables)

Serve with mashed potatoes or rice!

So easy and great. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment