Buffalo Sauce (I actually used another recipe which didn't turn out very good, so I switched to this one which Nate loved):
Buffalo Fried Chicken:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
1. Season the chicken with smoked paprika, and salt and pepper, to taste. Put the flour, 2 tablespoons of paprika, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish add the egg, buttermilk, and hot sauce and whisk together.
2. Dredge each piece of chicken in the buttermilk mixture and shake off any excess, then dredge into flour mixture.
3. Fry until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes until cooked through the middle.
- 8 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (Frank's is the best, but Tabasco or Chalula works also)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used smoked paprika in it's place)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
So for those of you who like a little heat.. Enjoy!