Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Living in Community

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

There have been several things that have happend over the last week that God used to show me the importance of surrounding yourself with individuals who know you well. Last week was a pretty difficult week at work for multiple reasons, and I can't tell you how much it blessed me to have friends who followed up with me or how much I smiled when I got a hilarious card in the mail to brighten my day.
This same realization hit me last night when I took a meal to a friend who is sick. 

Contrary to what society models and teaches us, we are not meant to live isolated and completely independent lives. While it is well and healthy to be indepdent, we all need help and we cannot do everything on our own. Having a person/people who you allow to know you and care for you can do more for your heart, soul, and mind than you realize. After all, the picture God gave us is loving and serving each other - so what better way to experience His love than by doing following that example!

No comments:

Post a Comment