Monday, February 14, 2011

Be My Valentine


"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." - I John 4:9-12

Well, today is Valentine's Day... a day filled with flowers, candy, and lots of pink! But what I love about Valentine's Day isn't the sweet surprises, it's that everyone has a reason to celebrate. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love, and we experience that in so many different relationships - siblings, parents, friends, spouses,  and significant others. However, the most important love that we have to celebrate is the love of God, our Father who in sending His Son to die on the cross for our sins gave us the most precious and sacrificial gift, our salvation. This February 14th, on top of celebrating God's love and my relationships with my family and friends, I have the blessing of celebrating the love I have for my husband. 

I hope each and everyone of you get to celebrate with a loved one... whether that be celebrating with friends, enjoying a date night with the hubs, or just hanging out watching TV. As for Nate and I, we did the fancy Valentine's date Friday night, so you can find us eating $.50 wings at Plucker's tonight... Happy Valentine's Day Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment