Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chili Weather

Recently I told Nate that I wanted us to start cooking together. It's something fun and interactive we can do together at home, instead of watching TV. Tuesday night, he started helping me make chili and discovered his inner creative chef! I was watching him throw all kinds of great spices into the mix, and at one time he even said, "I put a secret ingredient in there, let's see if you can tell what it is."

Of course, I can't tell you what the secret ingredient is, but I can tell you a few chili suggestions that make an amazing chili or frito pie...

3/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 lb. ground spicy pork
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 can kidney beans (we prefer the "red" kind)
1/2 can black beans
*Here's the trick, instead of adding water like most recipes call for, add about 1/2 bottle of beer (I would use Shiner Bock or something heavier and non-light)

Viola! Great chili recipe, thanks Nate. Now that the weather is a litty "chili", throw in some Fritos and cheese and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment