Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Game Night!


Growing up, Monday night was always "Family Game Night," which meant we ate dinner and carved out at least an hour to do something together, other than watch TV. Now that I'm semi-grown up, I applaud my mom's effort to bring the family together, even if, as teenagers, we kicked and screamed our way there and some nights ended with someone huffing and puffing their way to their room. I treasure that time I spent with my family and know that when we have children, we'll be doing the same thing! If you don't make a habit of playing games, I would encourage everyone to do so! Game Nights are a great way of bringing friends, family, and loved ones together.

I love games, even when it's just Nate and I playing them. Games have a funny way of drawing out interesting conversations and bringing people to a common ground. Nate and I have learned that we're both very competitive, so there is no such thing as a "close game," once we start, we'll inevitably keep playing until there is a very clear "winner."

As I've mentioned several times, Nate and I have been so lucky this year to be able to see April and Wade so much. Every time April comes in, we always pick up where we left off playing the board game SORRY... Who knew that a game we use to play in elementary school could be so fun and exciting! It is more difficult to find games to play with just two people, but a few of our favorite games to play with as few or many people available are:

- CATCH PHRASE
- MONOPOLY
- APPLES TO APPLES
- SORRY
- SPADES

What are some of your favorite games?

No comments:

Post a Comment