Friday, May 6, 2011

Letter for Mom


Dear Mom,


How could I ever say thank you enough for all you've done for me. Thank you for your willingness to put us first and be so involved in our lives as we grew up. Thank you for your time working at the school, driving me to cheerleading practice, watching choir concerts, and playing for our music competitions. 

You have been such an incredible example to me of a godly woman and mother. Your fun and spontaneous attitude is always a joy to be around; your warm and friendly personality puts others at ease and makes them feel welcome; and your compassionate and servants heart always helps and blesses others. As I've grown up, you've been my encourager, supporter, cheerleader, mentor, and friend. I'm so lucky that I can call my mom one of my very best friends. I love how similar we are and how we think alike. You have taught me so much about myself that has helped me grow into a better person, wife, and one day mother.

Some of my favorite memories with you include our time together at the piano practicing for choir concerts, singing "Danza, Danza"; coming home from high school and plopping down on a bar stool in the kitchen to tell you about my day, before even changing clothes; sharing a cup of international coffee as we catch up; my funny interpretations of you and our inside jokes; our SING comments and evaluations; and our morning phone calls on my way to work.

I don't know what I would do with out you, and I am constantly aware of what a blessing you are in my life. This weekend, as you celebrate Mother's Day, I wish I could be there. I wish on Sunday we could go to church, eat lunch together, come home and drink a cup of coffee as we sit on the couch, play the piano and have a sing-along, and watch a really cheesy chick flick together. On Sunday, I hope you know I'll be thinking about you all day.

I love you so very much! Happy Mother's Day.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment