Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a Fun Time of Year!

JAMAICAN-ME-CRAZY


Last week at this time I was on a plane heading back from a recruiting trip in Jamaica. I thought I would recap the highlights of my trip:


1. High tea at the British influenced hotel, Terra Nova, in Kingston.
2. Two successful fairs and interviews in Kingston and Montego Bay.
3. Speaking about Hockaday and all-girls education on Jamaican radio and TV.
4. Getting up at 5:00 a.m. or before three times within a week!
5. A very successful girls' boarding school reception with Dana Hall and Buffalo Seminary (we literally ran out of food and information - which is a nice problem to have).
6. Getting a little laying out/ beach time at a fabulous resort.
7. Having a crab the size of my face creep into the resort room!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


A day after returning to Dallas, Nate and I drove to Houston for a McCombs' family Thanksgiving with my mom's whole side of the family. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins came to our house to play games, eat, and watch football (Gig' Em Ags)! My mom is great about always taking a moment during the day to stop and aknowledge what we're thankful for. This year, we have so much to praise the Lord for... a new marriage, a great place to live, healthy family, wonderful friends, and jobs! We also took time to talk about the trials and hardships that God has used to mold and shape us and how we are thankful for those. That was such a special time of hearing about God's faithfulness and gaining encouragement from family who has walked our road before us.


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." - James 1:2-3


 We stayed in Houston through Sunday and hung out with my family. I love getting time to just lay around in our pj's and watch TV, play games, and chat. Wade and Lindsay took us out to their favorite places in the Heights area on Saturday night and we had a blast hanging out with them! I always love getting to spend time with my mom and dad and can't wait for April to come visit us in a few weeks!

1 comment: