Friday, December 3, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

I really do believe Christmas is the best time of the year. I love everything about this season... christmas songs being played everywhere, festive decorations, looking at Christmas lights, drinking hot chocolate, holiday cookies and treats, secret santa and white elephant gift exchanges, all the fun parties and Christmas activities, and being with family and friends. This is also the time of the year when I feel so lucky to work at a school. Kids have such tangible excitement and energy, and there's so many Christmas concerts, plays, and parties to celebrate with them. The beautiful tree, poinsettas, and homeade ornaments around the school are almost enough in themselves to make me want to come to the office every day.

Last night, while Nate was on the roof working hard to put up our Christmas lights and I was inside listening to Christmas music and setting up our nativity, I realized how much we have to give and share with those around us. Not simply gifts and time, we have joy and hope that doesn't end when the tree comes down. The gifts that we give to those we love are uncomparable to the gift God gave us when He sent His son to the earth. As corny as it seems, I would be remiss if I didn't say it... "He's the reason for the season."

Happy Holidays everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment