Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Limbo Week

I was at work today looking at our "Holiday" card we sent out and started thinking about Christmas and New Years. This week, post-Christmas and pre-New Years reminds me of a holiday limbo: everyone goes back to work and gets in the swing of things, but only for a few days before the New Years holiday; Christmas music is still being played on the radio (and I know we're still listening to it); shopping malls and stores are still every bit as crowded with shoppers; then there's the issue of Christmas lights and decorations... some people leave them up and some go ahead and take them down.

Even with all that being said, I really enjoy this week. For me work is really slow, and I usually only work one or two days, which means I have lots of free time on my hands. Not only that but I also think this week is an exciting time to reflect on the current year and look forward to what the year to come holds. Being the "Type A" personality that I am, this week is a great time for me to check things off of my "To-Do" list so I can start a new list in 2011! This year that includes cleaning out a closet or two, returning things that have been sitting in the back of my car, taking down Christmas decorations (only because if I didn't now they would be up until July), hopefully finishing our wedding thank you notes, and a few other random things.

I'm sure another post will follow shortly with thoughts from 2010 and resolutions for 2011! Happy Holiday Limbo week!

No comments:

Post a Comment